|Donor:||Embassy of Canada Algeria|
|Application procedure:||Full Proposal|
|Eligible applicants:||Non-Profit Organisation|
|Grant size:||Small - up to $100,000|
|Minimum grant size:||-|
|Total available budget:||-|
|Maximum grant size:||-|
|Funding ratio:||up to 100%|
- Capacity Building
- Climate Change
- Economic Development
- Environment & Natural Resources
- Food Security
- Governance & Democracy
- Human Rights
- Peace & Conflict Resolution
- Social Inclusion
- Water & Sanitation
- Women & Gender
All projects must align with at least one of the CFLI thematic priorities. The following themes are priorities for the 2023-2024 programming:
- Gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls
- Inclusive governance, including diversity, democracy, human rights and the rule of law
- Growth that works for everyone, including women’s economic rights, decent jobs and entrepreneurship, investing in the poorest and most vulnerable, and safeguarding economic gains
Projects on the following themes could also be accepted:
- Peace and security, with a focus on conflict prevention and building peace
- Human dignity, covering health, education and nutrition
- Environment and climate action focusing on adaptation and mitigation, as well as on water management
Eligible recipients include: Local non-governmental, community and not-for-profit organizations; Local academic institutions working on local projects; International non-governmental organizations working on local development activities; Intergovernmental, multilateral and regional institutions, organizations and agencies working on local development activities; Municipal, regional or national government institutions or agencies of the recipient country working on local projects; Canadian non-governmental and not-for-profit organizations that are working on local development activities.
Actions must take place in Algeria.
The average CFLI contribution is $31 000 Canadian Dollars (in exceptional cases, CAD$100 000 is the maximum allocation amount for a project eligible under CFLI).
The deadline for submission is Saturday, April 15, 2023 at 23:59 (GMT+1). Applications submitted after this deadline will not be considered.