|Donor:||Canadian Embassy in Haiti|
|Application procedure:||Full Proposal|
|Eligible applicants:||Non-Profit Organisation|
|Grant size:||Small - up to $100,000|
|Minimum grant size:||-|
|Total available budget:||-|
|Maximum grant size:||-|
|Funding ratio:||up to 100%|
- Climate Change
- Economic Development
- Environment & Natural Resources
- Food Security
- Peace & Conflict Resolution
- Social Inclusion
The Canada Fund for Local Initiatives contributes to Canada’s thematic priorities for foreign policy and adds to the programs that are already in place in Haiti. The CFLI is a fund managed annually by the Canadian Embassy in Haiti to support modest projects by local organizations on topics that support Canadian priorities in Haiti.
All projects must align with at least one of the following CFLI thematic priorities:
- Inclusive governance, including diversity, democracy, human rights and the rule of law.
- Growth that works for everyone, including women’s economic rights, decent jobs and entrepreneurship, investing in the poorest and most vulnerable, and safeguarding economic gains.
- Environment and climate action focusing on adaptation and mitigation, as well as on water management.
Projects eligible for the Canada Fund for Local Initiatives are those submitted by: (1) non-governmental, community and not-for-profit organisations; (2) academic institutions and think-tanks; (3) international, intergovernmental, multilateral and regional institutions, organisations and agencies working on local development activities; (4) municipal, regional or national government institutions or agencies working on local projects; (5) Canadian non-governmental and not-for-profit organisations that are working on development activities in cooperation with local partners.
Actions must be implemented in Haiti.
The average CFLI contribution is $30,000 to $50,000 Canadian Dollars (CAD$100,000 is the maximum allocation amount for a project eligible under CFLI).
The deadline for submission is May 24, 2023 at 23:59 (ET). Applications submitted after this deadline will not be considered. Proposals should be submitted electronically to: PRNCEGR@international.gc.ca