|Donor:||Canadian Embassy in Pakistan|
|Application procedure:||Full Proposal|
|Eligible applicants:||Non-Profit Organisation|
|Grant size:||Small - up to $100,000|
|Minimum grant size:||-|
|Total available budget:||-|
|Maximum grant size:||-|
|Funding ratio:||up to 100%|
- Capacity Building
- Children & Youth
- Climate Change
- Environment & Natural Resources
- Governance & Democracy
- Human Rights
- Media & Journalism
- Peace & Conflict Resolution
- Religion & Faith
- Social Inclusion
- Water & Sanitation
- Women & Gender
The CFLI is a program designed to support small-scale, high-impact projects in developing countries, which align with Global Affairs Canada’s thematic priority areas for engagement. The program is directed at projects conceived and designed predominantly by local partners. Projects are selected and approved by the relevant Canadian embassy or high commission. The CFLI also serves to support positive bilateral relations between Canada and recipient countries and their civil societies, by deepening contacts and supporting local endeavours.
All projects must align with at least one of the following CFLI thematic priorities:
- Peace and security, with a focus on conflict prevention and building peace. Projects that respond to the current situation in Afghanistan and the impact on Pakistan. Only projects operating in Pakistan will be considered.
- Human dignity, covering health, education and nutrition. Projects that respond to the current situation in Afghanistan and the impact on Pakistan (e.g. addressing issues facing refugees and host communities.). Only projects operating in Pakistan will be considered.
- Inclusive governance, including diversity, democracy, human rights and the rule of law. Projects related to one or more of the areas of: minority rights, freedom of religion and belief, tolerance and inclusion, hate speech, disinformation. Projects addressing media freedom and the safety of journalists, especially female journalists.
- Gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls. Projects that support gender equality through the participation of women and girls in public spaces and non-traditional activities. For example, promoting girl’s participation in sports.
- Environment and climate action focusing on adaptation and mitigation, as well as on water management. Projects supporting innovative solutions to climate change and environmental protection (e.g. promoting biodiversity, water resource management, solid waste management). Projects in support of responsible tourism, and issues impacting vulnerable and tourism-dependent communities. Projects engaging youth in climate action.
Eligible recipients include: (1) local non-governmental, community and not-for-profit organisations; (2) local academic institutions working on local projects; (3) international, intergovernmental, multilateral and regional institutions, organisations and agencies working on local development activities; (4) municipal, regional or national government institutions or agencies of the recipient country working on local projects; and (5) Canadian non-governmental and not-for-profit organisations that are working on local development activities.
Actions must take place in Pakistan.
The average CFLI project costs $30,000 Canadian Dollars. $100,000 CAD is the maximum allocation amount for a project eligible under CFLI.
The deadline for submission is May 20, 2023 at 23:59 (PKT). Applications submitted after this deadline will not be considered. Proposals should be submitted electronically to the following email: ISBAD-CFLI-FCIL@international.gc.ca