|Donor:||U.S. Mission to Slovenia|
|Application procedure:||Full Proposal|
|Donor base:||United States|
|Eligible applicants:||Non-Profit Organisation, Social Business|
|Grant size:||Small - up to $100,000|
|Minimum grant size:||1.000$|
|Total available budget:||100.000$|
|Maximum grant size:||10.000$|
|Funding ratio:||up to 100%|
- Capacity Building
- Economic Development
- Governance & Democracy
- Human Rights
- Media & Journalism
- Peace & Conflict Resolution
- Social Inclusion
The Embassy continues to offer small grants for well-conceived and managed projects that strengthen ties between the United States and Slovenia. Eligible topics for projects are broadly defined to include democracy and human rights, environmental and energy concerns, security and defense issues, and economic and business development. Successful proposals will strengthen understanding of the United States, including its society, politics and values, and support a priority theme listed below. New grantees with relevant, impactful proposals may be given preference over previous grantees.
For this grant period, additional consideration will be given to project proposals focusing on the following themes:
- Regional and Transatlantic Cooperation – promoting strong transatlantic relations, with an emphasis on the U.S.–Slovenian bilateral relationship
- Economic Issues – especially entrepreneurship, innovation, economic reform, promotion of trade, women in STEAM
- International Security, Counter Terrorism, and Defense Issues
- Energy Security and Diversification
- Environmental Issues – combating Climate Change, enhancing environmental preservation and sustainability
- Digitalization, Cyber Security, and Artificial Intelligence
- Countering Corruption, Good Governance, Strengthening Rule of Law, and Transparency
- Independent Media and Investigative Journalism – including media literacy and combating disinformation
- Human Rights – including tolerance, respect for diversity and inclusion, and support for historically marginalized communities and equal rights for all people
- Education – to establish and deepen partnerships between scholars and educational institutions
Grants are awarded to Slovenian educational and research institutions, not for profit public entities, and not-for-profits/NGOs/social enterprises.
Actions must take place in Slovenia.
The maximum available for a grant is $10,000.
Application deadline is 31 March 2023.