|Donor:||EEA and Norway Grants|
|Application procedure:||Full Proposal, Online Application|
|Eligible applicants:||Non-Profit Organisation|
|Grant size:||Small - up to $100,000|
|Minimum grant size:||1.000€|
|Total available budget:||65.000€|
|Maximum grant size:||4.000€|
|Funding ratio:||up to 100%|
- Capacity Building
- Children & Youth
- Governance & Democracy
- Human Rights
- Social Inclusion
On August 5, 2019 the Open Society Fund Prague (hereafter referred to as OSF Prague) as a member of the consortium of the Active Citizens Fund in the Czech Republic announces a call for proposals on bilateral projects under the Fund for Bilateral Relations within the Active Citizens Fund. The objective of the Active Citizens Fund is to strengthen civil society and active citizenship and to empower vulnerable groups. Areas are: Active citizenship, Human rights, Social justice, Gender equality, Environment.
The goals are:
- To increase capacity and cooperation within the civil society sector;
- To increase the number of partnerships between the civil society sector and public/private sector entities and the ability of the civil society sector to approach inactive or marginalized groups;
- To strengthen civil society advocacy and watchdog role and to increase the participation of citizens in civic activities such as public policy-making and its enforcement;
- To address public in the underserved regions and outside of the civic society activism centers;
- To address the vulnerable groups and minorities including Roma to strengthen their rights with the aim to increase their ability to advocate for their rights and to take into account their specific needs;
- To increase youth participation in civic life.
It is a non-governmental organisation registered in the Czech Republic defined by the Czech law as: civic association (i.e. legal name in Czech: spolek, ústav, obecně prospěšná společnost), foundation and endowment fund (i.e. legal name in Czech: nadace a nadační fond) or organization department of church and religious society (i.e. legal name in Czech: účelové zařízení registrované církve a náboženské polečnosti) on the condition, that the proposed and funded project activities do not promote a religious doctrine, mission or proselytism related to the beliefs of a particular faith, possibly interest association of legal persons (i.e. legal name in Czech: zájmová sdružení právnických osob) if all members of the association are non-governmental non-profit organizations and individually fulfil the eligibility criteria;
Actions must take place in Czech Republic.
These bilateral grants in amount of € 1,000–4,000 will be distributed across all five programme areas of the Active Citizens Fund. Supported projects in this call with duration of 1 to 12 months are supposed to strengthen bilateral relations between the Donor States (Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein) and the Czech Republic. Project applicants shall be Czech/Norwegian/Icelandic/Liechtenstein non-governmental organisations registered at least one year prior the submission of the application. The total available indicative budget for awarding grants for bilateral projects under this call is € 65,000.
Applications may be submitted continuously from the date of the announcement of the Call until 5 August 2022.