|Donor:||U.S. Embassy Namibia|
|Application procedure:||Full Proposal|
|Donor base:||United States|
|Eligible applicants:||Individual, Non-Profit Organisation|
|Grant size:||Small - up to $100,000|
|Minimum grant size:||5.000$|
|Total available budget:||-|
|Maximum grant size:||25.000$|
|Funding ratio:||up to 100%|
- Capacity Building
- Children & Youth
- Economic Development
- Environment & Natural Resources
- Governance & Democracy
- Human Rights
- Social Inclusion
The Public Affairs Office of the U.S. Embassy in Windhoek invites proposals for programs that strengthen ties between the U.S. and Namibia through cultural, academic, and exchange programming that promotes bilateral cooperation and shared values. All proposals should include an American element, such as a connection with American expert/s, organization/s, or institution/s.
Examples of Public Affairs Grants Programs include, but are not limited to:
- Academic and professional lectures, seminars and speaker programs;
- Artistic and cultural workshops, joint performances and exhibitions;
- Sports exchange programs;
- Heath and conservation programs that include engagement with public audiences;
- Cultural heritage conservation and preservation programs;
- Professional and academic exchanges and programs;
- Programs developed by an alumnus/a of a U.S.-sponsored or supported educational or professional exchange program;
- Municipal and regional libraries or councils that host an American Space or would like to conduct outreach programs related to the United States;
- Programs that engage alumni of U.S. State Department exchange programs in any of the activities above.
The Public Affairs Section encourages applications from American and Namibian: Registered not-for-profit organizations, including think tanks and civil society/non-governmental organizations with programming experience; Individuals; Non-profit or governmental educational institutions; Governmental institutions.
Actions must take place in Namibia.
Number of awards anticipated is 5 awards (dependent on amounts). Awards may range from $5,000-$25,000.
All application materials must be submitted by 1 April 2022.