Donor: Enabel
Application procedure: Full Proposal
Donor base: Belgium
Reference number: BEL23004-10001
Eligible applicants: Non-Profit Organisation
Deadline: 15.07.2024

Financial details

Grant size: Medium - up to $1,000,000
Minimum grant size: 200.000€
Total available budget: 3.200.000€
Funding type: Grants
Maximum grant size: 400.000€
Funding ratio: up to 90%


  • Capacity Building
  • Education
  • Research, Technology & Innovation

Project Locations

  1. Africa

      Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia, Zimbabwe


1) Objective 

The general objective of the Call for Proposals is to improve learning outcomes and the socio-emotional development of children in Africa, by having a more competent, motivated and inclusive teacher workforce. The specific objective of this Call for Proposals is, by identifying and supporting the scaling-up of innovative solutions, to enhance the quality, relevance and effectiveness of initial and continuous teacher professional development in four thematic priorities: (1) pedagogy for foundational learning; (2) green skills; (3) digital skills and (4) gender transformative pedagogy. Please ensure that proposals align with teaching challenges spanning from early childhood to lower secondary education.

The Call focuses on providing grants to non-profit actors and public institutions as well as individual or consortia-led national or international NGOs.

2) Eligibility

Eligible are public actors or private non-profit actors.

3) Location 

Projects must be implemented in the Sub Saharan African countries.

4) Budget

The total indicative sum available under this Call for Proposals is 3,200,000 EUR. The contracting authority reserves the right to not award all of the available funds. Any grant application under this Call for Proposals must fall between the following minimum and maximum amounts: minimum amount: 200,000 EUR and maximum amount 400,000 EUR. The programme will finance 90% of eligible expenditures presented in the final financial report of the innovative solution submitted. The contracting-beneficiary shall bear the remaining 10%.

5) Application

The deadline is 15 July 2024.

Login Account

Already a Rubnio Customer?

Invaild email address.

6 or more characters, letters and numbers. Must contain at least one number.

Your information will nerver be shared with any third party.