|Donor:||Botswana Innovation Hub|
|Application procedure:||Online Application|
|Eligible applicants:||Social Business|
|Grant size:||Medium - up to $1,000,000|
|Minimum grant size:||-|
|Total available budget:||-|
|Funding type:||Grants, Other|
|Maximum grant size:||-|
|Funding ratio:||up to 100%|
- Climate Change
- Economic Development
- Environment & Natural Resources
- Research, Technology & Innovation
- Water & Sanitation
The Botswana Innovation Hub is a business accelerator with the objective to support entrepreneurship and innovation through technology transfer in Botswana. It identifies, develops and nurtures viable technology-oriented start-up businesses with potential to grow locally and into international markets. Membership also offers access to their Innovation Fund.
Within these focus sectors and categories, BIH selects partners and members based on the following aspects:
- Product / Service / Method that creates new or unique value for Botswana Innovation Hub stakeholders and Botswana
Stage / Level of Innovation (Idea, Research / Screening and Experimentation, Testing / Proof of Concept / Prototyping, Commercialization / Production, Diffusion and Implementation)
- Target Market / Social Need being Addressed
- Benefits to Botswana:
Knowledge Creation and Skills Transfer
Advancement of Science and Technology within the Botswana
- Business / Partnership model and Funding Aspects
- Leadership (Visionary and qualified leadership to play the critical role in driving the business towards its goal)
- Capital investment in land, buildings, infrastructure, and equipment
Businesses in the sectors of solar energy, water technologies, sustainability, coal utilisation, and waste management are eligible.
Actions must take place in Botswana.
No upper and lower budget limits are provided.
Interested businesses can apply anytime throughout the year via their online form on the website. They are chosen based on their products/services, the level of innovation, the social need being addresses and the benefits to Botswana.