|Donor:||Embassy of Canada to Morocco and Mauritania|
|Application procedure:||Full Proposal|
|Eligible applicants:||Non-Profit Organisation|
|Grant size:||Small - up to $100,000|
|Minimum grant size:||8.000$|
|Total available budget:||-|
|Maximum grant size:||15.800$|
|Funding ratio:||up to 100%|
- Climate Change
- Economic Development
- Environment & Natural Resources
- Food Security
- Governance & Democracy
- Human Rights
- Social Inclusion
- Women & Gender
The Embassy of Canada to Morocco is pleased to launch its annual call for proposals for the Canada Fund for Local Initiatives (CFLI).The CFLI is a program designed to support small-scale, high-impact projects in developing countries, which align with Global Affairs Canada’s thematic priority areas for engagement. The program is directed at projects conceived and designed predominantly by local partners. Projects are selected and approved by the relevant Canadian embassy or high commission. The CFLI also serves to support positive bilateral relations between Canada and recipient countries and their civil societies, by deepening contacts and supporting local endeavours.
All projects must align with at least 1 of the following CFLI thematic priorities:
- Inclusive governance, including diversity and 2SLGBTQI+, democracy, human rights and the rule of law.
- Peace and security, with a focus on conflict prevention and building peace.
- Growth that works for everyone, including women’s economic rights, decent jobs and entrepreneurship, investing in the poorest and most vulnerable, and safeguarding economic gains.
- Gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls.
- Human dignity, covering health, education and nutrition.
- Environment and climate action focusing on adaptation and mitigation, as well as on water management.
Eligible are: (1) local non-governmental, community and not-for-profit organizations; (2) local academic institutions working on local projects; (3) international, intergovernmental, multilateral and regional institutions, organizations and agencies working on local development activities; (4) municipal, regional or national government institutions or agencies of the recipient country working on local projects; and (5) Canadian non-governmental and not-for-profit organizations that are working on local development activities through a local office.
Actions must take place in Morocco.
The majority of the funded projects will receive between CAD $15,000 to $20,000.
The deadline for submission is 24 April 2023 at 23:59 (GMT+X). Applications submitted after this deadline will not be considered. Proposals should be submitted electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org