|Application procedure:||Online Application|
|Eligible applicants:||Social Business|
|Grant size:||Medium - up to $1,000,000|
|Minimum grant size:||-|
|Total available budget:||-|
|Funding type:||Equity, Other|
|Maximum grant size:||-|
|Funding ratio:||up to 100%|
- Agriculture & Rural Development
- Capacity Building
- Children & Youth
- Economic Development
- Research, Technology & Innovation
- Water & Sanitation
- Women & Gender
Ghana, Nigeria, South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Alitheia IDF is a pioneering private equity fund that identifies, invests in, and grows SMEs led by gender-diverse teams to achieve solid financial returns and tangible social impact for communities in Africa. They invest in sectors that engage a significant percentage of women, either as entrepreneurs, producers, distributors or consumers. Some of these sectors are: agribusiness, consumer goods, health, education, creative industries, and financial and business services. By investing in high performing gender diverse teams they create value in African women and girls, African communities, African productivity, African value addition, and African solutions.
They have 4 different funds:
- Alitheia Identity Fund (AIF): Alitheia IDF is a pioneering $100m gender lens investing fund that provides catalytic capital to high growth SMEs by proactively investing in a diversified portfolio of women-owned, women-led, or women-serving companies in order to generate superior financial returns as well as economic and social impact
- The uMunthu Fund: uMunthu is a pan-African fund investing in SMEs that broaden access in key areas, namely: financial inclusion; digital inclusion; mobility and logistics; energy; healthcare, education, clean drinking water or sanitation facilities for un(der)served groups in society.
- GWAMDC Fund: In partnership with Goodwell Investments BV, the Goodwell West Africa Microfinance Development Company (GWAMDC) is a series of financial inclusion focused funds that invests in financial intermediaries that service micro, small and medium businesses, fueling their growth and stability.
- Alitheia Clean Energy Fund (ACEF): Alitheia’s Clean Energy Fund is a wholesale debt facility creating new markets for clean energy products for underserved areas/segments by providing distributor and consumer finance to over 30,000 entrepreneurs across Nigeria.
Eligible are businesses that are leveraging innovative business models to address the needs of the working class in a sustainable manner. They look for early to growth stage companies operating in Nigeria or other West African countries, backed by strong management teams, with high growth potential.
Alitheia invests invests in six countries: Nigeria, South Africa, Ghana, Zambia, Zimbabwe and Lesotho.
No lower and upper budget is provided for investment support.
Interested applicants need to fill out the form which is available on their website. An application can be sent anytime throughout the year.