|Donor:||US Embassy Latvia|
|Application procedure:||Full Proposal|
|Donor base:||United States|
|Eligible applicants:||Individual, Non-Profit Organisation, Social Business|
|Grant size:||Small - up to $100,000|
|Minimum grant size:||-|
|Total available budget:||-|
|Maximum grant size:||20.000$|
|Funding ratio:||up to 100%|
- Economic Development
- Governance & Democracy
- Human Rights
- Peace & Conflict Resolution
- Social Inclusion
- Women & Gender
The U.S. Embassy Riga’s Small Grants Program was initiated as a flexible mechanism to enable the U.S. Embassy to support initiatives that contribute to more open and competitive political and economic systems and the protection of human rights. The U.S. Embassy Small Grants program supports the enduring alliance between the United States and Latvia. A U.S. Embassy Small Grants project must result in at least one of the following in Latvia:
- Stronger Democratic Institutions, including strengthened civil society, greater access to credible and independent news sources, capacity to resist disinformation, improved social inclusion, and expanded support for rule of law.
- Enduring Cultural Ties between the United States & Latvia, including projects that highlight the breadth and depth of the U.S.-Latvia partnership or showcase American cultural elements that are unique, novel, and meaningful to Latvian audiences.
- Enhanced European and Transatlantic Security, including support for NATO, cyber issues, and other shared security challenges.
- Sustainable, shared economic growth, including support for STEAM education, solving environmental problems, entrepreneurship, and economic development for underrepresented communities.
The Embassy may award grants to non-profit organizations and individuals. Third country organizations and individuals (non-Latvian and non-US) are not eligible for grants. Grants are normally made on a one-time basis. A repeat grant to a particular organization may be issued if post determines the activity advances a clearly defined priority objective.
Actions must take place in Latvia.
Grants should not exceed $20,000. Regardless of amounts requested, the average awarded amount per project is $1,000- $3,000.
Proposals may be submitted via the online form on their website. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.