|Donor:||German Embassy Macedonia|
|Application procedure:||Full Proposal|
|Eligible applicants:||Non-Profit Organisation|
|Grant size:||Small - up to $100,000|
|Minimum grant size:||-|
|Total available budget:||-|
|Maximum grant size:||-|
|Funding ratio:||up to 100%|
- Agriculture & Rural Development
- Children & Youth
- Economic Development
- Environment & Natural Resources
- Food Security
- Peace & Conflict Resolution
- Research, Technology & Innovation
- Social Inclusion
- Water & Sanitation
- Women & Gender
Micro-projects of the German Embassy in North Macedonia aim at promoting social and economic development and covering the basic needs of the most vulnerable groups. Examples of funded projects are:
- (1) water and sanitation – supply of drinking water, procurement of a microscope for the examination of water quality, construction or renovation of a simple fountain, a water catch basin, procurement of water meters;
- (2) agriculture and rural development – community gardens, livestock rearing, environmental protection, procurement of small machinery, solar dryers;
- (3) health – procurement of hospital equipment, improvement of sanitary sections, training of mothers of children with disability;
- (4) schools and education – procurement of books and teaching materials, classroom equipment.
Eligible are local non-profit organisations (NGOs, self help groups, kindergartens, etc.).
Actions must take place in North Macedonia.
Local applicants must contribute some cost-share (can also be in-kind in the form of labour). Funding amounts are not specifically stated but are usually in the lower range (around €5,000). The total funding is around €50,000 per year and they tend to fund 10 projects.
Applicants are advised to get in touch with the Embassy for submitting an application to discuss the project idea and its potential success. This can be done anytime throughout the year. The application template can be downloaded from the website and submitted to wz-100(a)skop.diplo.de.